New Here? - What are Our Beliefs?
1. about the Bible We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are inspired by God and without error in the original writings, and that they are our supreme and final authority in faith and life.
2. about God We believe in one God, the Creator, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. about Jesus Christ We believe that Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary 100% God and man.
4. about the Holy Spirit We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells and gives spiritual life to all believers, enables them to understand Biblical truth, empowers them for godly living, gives them spiritual gifts and equips them for service and witness.
5. about Human Beings We believe that God created Adam and Eve in His divine image; that they sinned resulting in the spiritual, physical and emotional fall of humanity. We believe that all people by their own decisions have chosen to sin and thereby stand guilty before God and are in need of a Saviour.
6. about Salvation We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitution sacrifice; and that all who believe in Him are justified on the basis of His shed blood. We believe that all who by faith receive the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.
7. about the Resurrection We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into Heaven, and in His present life there for us, as High Priest and Advocate.
8. about Christs Return We believe in the blessed hope of the personal and imminent return of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
9. about Eternity We believe in the eternal nature of all humanity. The resurrection and enjoyment of the presence of God for all those who receive His Son; and the eternal punishment of the absence of God and His influence for those who reject the gift of His salvation.
10. about the Church We believe that the New Testament church is a local body of baptized believers with Christ as its head and the Holy Spirit as its guide. New Testament churches promote Gods work by cooperating together for missions and many other joint efforts. The local church is to be governed independently of outside persons, bodies, groups, or authorities.
11. about the Ordinances
that the local church observes two ordinances - baptism and the Lords
Supper. We believe that all who have received Christ as Saviour and Lord
should be baptized in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit;
that baptism is by immersion as a picture of the death, burial, and resurrection
of Christ; and that the Lords Supper should be observed in remembrance
of Him as a testimony to His death for our sins until He comes again.
Baptism Baptist Baptist Church Baptist Churches in Milton Bible Bible-based Caring Children Christian Christian Church Christian churches in Milton Church plant Churches in Milton Churches in Halton CNBC Compassion Compassionate Contemporary Evangelical Church Family Fellowship Friendly Genuine Giving God Grace Holy Spirit Home Church House Church Hurting Informal Jesus Jesus Christ Lord Love Mercy Middle School aged Milton Churches Missions Missions involvement Multicultural Neighbourhood New Milton churches New Testament New to Milton Non denominational Non denominational churches Non judgmental Nursery Ontario early years Open Outreach Preschool Real Sanctuary Seeker friendly Seeker sensitive Sincere Small Groups Southern Baptist Spiritual Suffering Sunday School Sunday Worship Taste the World Toddlers Truth VBS Vacation Bible School Welcoming Word of God Worship Worship service Youth